Sunday, December 1, 2013

10 Days of Gratitude: Day 8 - By Gwen Thomas



Gratitude—the Key to Creating Love, Joy and Peace 
by Gwen Thomas
I have come to believe that I can have all my needs met, and all my heart’s desires fulfilled.  I can access power that goes far beyond my human limitations and understanding. In the midst of disappointment and sadness, I can immediately feel better. I have learned the key to unlocking my fantasies and releasing my fears. Wow! 

The good news is that this power is available all the time, to all of us. A grateful heart, an attitude of gratitude and words of thanksgiving are the essentials to being healthy, whole and complete. Now, I admit that I don’t always rise to the high emotional and spiritual vibration where gratitude exists. Sometimes my higher-self and evolved thinking is overshadowed by doubt, fear and resistance. But if I take a few deep breaths, still my mind and focus, I can activate my gratitude “now” and my gratitude “intentions”. 

Gratitude now means openly and honestly recognizing and acknowledging all that I am grateful for in that moment. I commit to writing down at least 5 to 7 things have been provided to me. I celebrate the love and joy around me. I give thanks for the protection that keeps me safe and secure. I appreciate being able to help others.
 
I honor the gifts that the Divine has poured into me and for the opportunity to pour into the lives of others.  I smile when I think about raising a smart, kind and loving man and getting to be a “GiGi” to his children. I consider every seemingly small miracle—like being treated to a free cup of coffee by the hotel banquet manager as he helps me set up my work site or getting an upgrade to first class on my way home; and I magnify their significance to the worth of my day.

Then I can move to gratitude “intentions.” Those are the things that I affirm as I wait for them to be manifested in my life. I say, “I am so happy and grateful knowing that the Universe is arranging people, circumstances and events so that….” It is through the process that I activate supernatural hope and faith. Because I have so much to be thankful for, I know I can expect more to be thankful for. It is the key creating the love, joy and peace I deserve. It is the key to each of having the life we want.

Gwen Thomas is an avowed Womanist and Liberation Theologian. She is an ordained minister and a Field Organizer for Southerners On New Ground (SONG). As a writer, Gwen raises awareness on intersectional justice issues. She is the author of The S.H.E. Experience, a woman’s perspective on self-actualization. Thomas is President and CEO of The C.A.S.T. Company, which provides training, consulting and professional coaching to individuals and organizations. As speaker and consultant, she presents various professional development and personal growth topics. She has provided training and motivational speaking throughout the United States, in the Caribbean; a total of 7 countries on three continents. She has experience and expertise in leadership and organizational development, communication skills and women’s professional and personal growth. She has spent the majority of her professional life motivating and teaching others in workplace settings and in spiritual environments. She has experience and expertise in leadership and organizational development, communication skills and women’s professional and personal growth. She has spent the majority of her professional life motivating and teaching others in workplace settings and in spiritual environments.
Follow her at: msgwen127@twitter.com

Create Love Founders

Imani Evans and SharRon Jamison 

We look forward to seeing you at the 
Create Love Conference
March 8, 2014
  

1 comment:

  1. Greetings, Gwen!

    Wow! I so enjoyed reading this article. Made me run through the plethora of people and things for which I am wholly grateful! And I thought, Should I jot this sentence down and fill it in...in the morning and in the evening. Yes! I love it: I say, “I am so happy and grateful knowing that the Universe is arranging people, circumstances and events so that….”

    Speak the word! Just speak the word!

    ReplyDelete