Wednesday, November 27, 2013

10 Days of Gratitude: Day 4 - By Angelia “Love” Henderson


My Gratitude to the Most High 
by Angelia “Love” Henderson 

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ~~ Cicero 

Nowadays, when I lay me down to sleep, I never take for granted who will wake me the next morning. That wasn’t always the case … I felt like it was my life and I – and I alone – determined how it would play out. I will attribute that to youthful ignorance and misinformation. I was brought up in a Southern Baptist household headed by a very strong, outspoken and determined grandmother. Had she known my thoughts were all about “me, me, me,” she would have been appalled.
 

Fast-forward 40 years – I am now a little over half a century. Whoever said with age comes wisdom was partially right. I have stumbled on my ascent to adulthood … failed relationships, toxic friendships, stressful jobs, etc. However, I have done a complete 360 by giving credit where credit is due. I realize that everything I attributed to my own doing was instead God working behind the scenes. He placed people and things in my life that were right for that season! He removed me from situations that I refused to acknowledge that were toxic to my spirit. Something as simple as a “thank you, Lord” seems so small. Yet it is magnified each and every time I realize that I have been blessed to see another day.
 

It wasn’t necessary for God to take this wayward child by the hand and show me that He had more mercy than I had mess. It lets me know that He has made and seen a change in me. I am humbled by His forgiveness, grace and tender mercy. He has spared me in spite of everything I’ve done to tarnish the temple that He created; for that, I am grateful. Gratitude and faith are the driving forces which now keep me grounded. Though my spirit soars when I think of how blessed I am -- I know that my journey is far from over. 

Create Love Founders

Imani Evans and SharRon Jamison 

We look forward to seeing you at the 
Create Love Conference
March 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment